In the whole World there are no even 10 companies which manufacture 100% Free Hardware (computers mainly) for end-users, regular users. Chinese company LEMOTE is one of them, the last of the “Mohicans.” LEMOTE – a company that develops and manufactures its own processor (MIPS), motherboard for “big” and portable computers. The company develops its products with the support of the Government of the PRC, and with the support of the Committee of Development and Reform of China, China Science and technology Department.
Today we would like to tell about a new laptop, which was introduced back in October 2011 on Electronics Show in Hong Kong. The model still has an internal name “Loongson 8133 3A” (3A – marking a new 4-core processor). According to some reports from the company, the laptop will be called “LibreNote”, as the company believes that this name will fully represent the desire and real goal of “creators”.
Photos LEMOTE 8133 LibreNote
- Completely Free computer (hardware for 100% of the work does not require a start-up and execution of proprietary, closed source).
- Unique 4-core processor.
- A quality case made of metal.
- High-quality screen 13.3 “
The general specification of a new laptop
It is worth mentioning a few things that has learned during the presentation of new notebook:
- company will produce 8133 LibreNote in several versions, one of which has internal 3G modem and a SIM card slot
- HDMI supports up to FullHD (1920×1080) image output
- the keyboard is very nice, soft and comfortable to type
- the webcam is faster, more crisp image
- large and comfortable touch pad
At the presentation in Hong Kong company showed really great device. During testing (open large office files using LibreOffice) we noticed that it runs much faster that previous 10″ netbook from LEMOTE company which has Loongson 2F processon. We feel that the company team made great efforts to embody this new laptop: new processor, new housing, new screen… We are looking forward to this little “miracle” sales start.
We warmly congratulate LEMOTE company with release of the new laptop! In the near future we will try to do a more detailed review with good photos and detailed description of all the nuances, including: housing, hardware, software.
Trackback from your site.